Have you ever wonder why working from home is better than working a 9-5 job? Here are 5 tips on why Moms should be home with their children:
1. Being able to create my own schedule – Working in the manufacturing industry, my life was all out of order. While working in a Fortune 500 company, the demands were so stressful on me and my family. There were days that I would work almost 10-12 hours in a day, and not having any time with my family. I would miss out on my children’s extra curriculum activities, no time with my husband….it was just awful! Now that I am a work at home Mom, I can set my own schedule and work around my family’s schedule. I now have my life back, and things are great!
2. No more commuting – Enough said! Now that I am a mom who works from home, I don’t have to worry about getting my children up 2 hours early, drag them out of the house to go to daycare, and then sit in the morning traffic just to get frustrated about sitting in traffic for no apparent reason. I get to commute, when I feel like it…..and you should too.
3. Being able to see my kids every day – Again, enough said! I enjoy spending every minute/second with my children. When I was working a full time job outside of the home, I didn’t see them as much as I see my children now. I would take them to daycare, and after a long day in Corporate America….all I wanted to do was eat, shower, and go to sleep. Now that I work from home, I can cherish the precious moments in my children daily lives.
4. Being able to go on vacation when everyone else is not – The feeling that you get when you know that you want a week or two off for vacation, but you have to wait and see if someone else has submitted the same exact week that you want? Ugh, it’s the most annoying thing ever. Or how about you really want a few days off, and you just can’t have them because two of your co-workers are already out? Ugh, worse feeling ever. That’s why being a stay at home mom, is really the best thing ever! I don’t have to worry about asking the boss for some time off, or seeing who is already off and working around their schedule, because I make my own schedule and take vacation when I feel like it. Being able to work from home gives me the flexibility that my family wants.
5. Being able to dream again – Dreaming is Believing! Don’t ever stop chasing your dreams. Don’t be hired to dream for someone else, and make their dreams a reality. Dream for yourself and for your family. You have great dreams, and great dreams that will soon come true, if only you let them come true. I took my leap of FAITH and my dream a REALITY!
There you have it, 5 tips why Moms should work from home. Feel free to leave me a comment or email me if you have any questions, or topics that you would like to discuss.